Jess Meany is an apparel brand founded in 2019 and based in Pasadena, California. We celebrate layers of forgotten fabrics by using vintage and deadstock textiles to assemble small batches of apparel here in Los Angeles.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to take on the role of Studio & Production Assistant.
There is room to grow within this role and within the company, so we will consider candidates with any relevant experience or who are motivated to learn about apparel/product design, development, and manufacturing.
Hourly commitment and rate are negotiable based on applicant’s experience and qualifications.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and any other relevant links or documentation to email@example.com
Studio & Production Assistant
- Assist with aspects of our made-to-order program:
- Prepping orders which could include: Cutting textiles, mending and sewing labels, packing and reviewing work for sewers. Larger textiles are cut on the floor so must be comfortable with this type of work.
- Assist with aspects of product development and production including:
- Weekly garment center visits to pick up and manage samples, patterns and grading, address trouble-shooting issues, and provide status checks.
- Packing and shipping customer orders
- Assist with errands or odd jobs that are within the realm of running a small and growing brand
- Maintaining studio organization, including material, textile, sample, and production inventory
- Assisting with photoshoots and shoot-day prep
- Valid California Driver’s license
- Proficiency or desire to learn Shopify, Excel/Google Sheets, Lightroom
- Quick-thinker, energetic, patient, flexible, and able to lift 30+ lbs
- Some work experience or familiarity with textiles, apparel, retail and/or sewing
- Must have great time management skills, the ability to manage deadlines, and communicate issues when they arise
- Should be excited about the idea of wearing many hats, be motivated to build systems and processes to help the brand’s long-term success and growth
- Available to work a minimum of 3 days a week or 20hrs a week
- Must be located within the Los Angeles/Pasadena area
Bonus Qualification Skills
- High skill level in pattern drafting and/or draping
- Copy writing or Editing skills
- Customer Service Skills